International Centre for Financial Regulation appoints director of research
The International Centre for Financial Regulation has appointed Dr Richard Reid as its director of research.
One of the principle objectives of ICFR is to fuel debate around regulatory reform through the provision of independent research into the issues affecting financial regulation across the globe.
In addition to directing the centre's research agenda Reid will work to develop relationships with scholars and industry experts, and to position the ICFR as a global leader in regulatory thinking.
Barbara Ridpath, chief executive of ICFR, says: "Richard's experience is perfectly aligned with the ICFR's goal of expanding our international research offering and we are delighted with his decision to join us. Regulatory reform is at the forefront of debate across global financial markets and Richard will be key in helping the ICFR inform this discussion through the commission and review of expert research."
Before his appointment Reid was a managing director of Citigroup's economics department in London. Previously he was chief international economist for Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette, where he developed thematic issues such as the impact of the 'New Economy' on equity markets and the changing structure of Europe's financial systems.
Reid spent 14 years as chief European economist for UBS, five of which were spent in the company's Frankfurt office.
In addition to his private sector experience Reid has also advised HM Treasury on international monetary affairs and is a noted commentator on Bundesbank and the ECB.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location