Cardano hires hedge fund specialists
Cardano has appointed Adelaide de Casson and Darran Specter to its London-based investment management team.
They will focus on researching and selecting global macro and multi-strategy investments, including hedge funds.
Keith Guthrie, head of investment management at Cardano UK, says: 'As a solvency manager we selectively use non-traditional strategies to give us a wide range of opportunities and diversification. These strategies include global macro and multi-strategy hedge funds. To succeed our team needs an excellent understanding of risks, as well as the ability to identify great managers. Adelaide and Darran fit the bill very well, because a core part of their previous roles has been to assess hedge fund risks. In addition, they have experience of working with global macro and multi-strategy managers, not just equity long/short managers.'
De Casson previously worked for Lehman Brothers and Deutsche Bank in the area of risk management for hedge fund clients. Most recently she has been responsible for due diligence and assessing risk on a portfolio of 150 hedge funds.
Specter (pictured) joins Cardano from Schroders' fund of hedge fund operation, NewFinance Capital, where he was a member of their research and investment committees. He had responsibility for selecting quantitative managers and carrying out risk analysis on a wide range of hedge fund strategies.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location