Jeffrey Heisler joins Venus Capital Management as chief risk officer
Venus Capital Management, an investment management company specialising in emerging markets investments, has appointed Jeffrey Heisler as chief risk officer.
Heisler has experience with quantitative strategies and methods both as a practitioner and academic. Most recently at Gottex Fund Management, he was involved in all aspects of the investment process and was deeply involved in the development and implementation of Gottex's risk management and reporting systems.
As a professor for ten years, Heisler has published in academic and practitioner journals, most recently in 2007, and is currently completing a co-authored text book on portfolio management.
'Risk averse investors remain Venus' focus; producing strong risk-adjusted returns in emerging markets while providing liquidity, as shown in 2008 when we didn't impose gates,' says Vik Mehrotra, chief executive of Venus Capital. 'Jeff's addition provides us with the additional depth and expertise to continue to offer transparency, provide proven risk management and to improve our operations and processes.'
'I am thrilled to be working with Venus Capital,' says Heisler. 'I've thought highly of the team and its trading strategies for many years and am excited to have the opportunity to help the company at a time when managing market and operational risks are a primary concern of ours and our investors.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location