GlobeOp appoints Stuart Turnbull as senior adviser
GlobeOp Financial Services has appointed risk management and credit risk model expert Dr. Stuart Turnbull as senior adviser to risk services.
Dr. Turnbull (pictured) will report to Tony Glickman, global head of risk services, and initially focus on aligning risk analytics for bank loans with those of credit default swaps corporate bonds. Work on new proprietary methodologies for credit risk instruments and for valuation in partnership with GlobeOp's OTC group will follow.
"Risk measurement, analytics and reporting are increasingly important to hedge funds and investors alike," says Glickman. "This presents GlobeOp with significant opportunities, as risk modeling is a core expertise and client service. Our clients can look forward to Stuart adding additional depth, creativity and pragmatism to the development of new GlobeOp risk models. They will also benefit from his expertise in transitioning theory to practical, efficient implementation."
Turnbull is the Bauer chair professor of finance at the Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston, Texas. He has authored more than 50 academic papers on financial economics, law and economics topics, as well as two books on derivatives.
He currently serves as an associate editor of Mathematical Finance, the International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance and the Journal of Derivatives.
Turnbull previously held executive positions in fixed income research at Lehman Brothers in New York and in risk management at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in Toronto, Ontario.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location