Henry McVey returns to Morgan Stanley
Henry McVey, who previously worked at Morgan Stanley for more than a decade, is returning to the firm as head of global macro and asset allocation for Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
McVey (pictured) will have portfolio management responsibilities and oversight of MSIM's global macro and asset allocation investment team. He will also serve as MSIM's strategist, with responsibility for articulating his market outlook and strategy to clients.
McVey, who most recently was a portfolio manager at Fortress Investment Group, was Morgan Stanley's chief US investment strategist from 2004 to 2007 and a member of the firm's asset allocation committee. He will start his new role in late June, reporting to Stu Bohart, co-head of MSIM.
'Henry is widely recognised in the industry as a leading investment strategist, and we are extremely pleased to have someone of his caliber join our portfolio management team,' says Bohart. 'His extensive research, asset allocation and strategy expertise, combined with his top down approach to money management, will be particularly valuable to MSIM as we continue to navigate these challenging markets.'
'I am excited to return to Morgan Stanley and look forward to working alongside the senior portfolio managers to help the Firm grow its asset management business,' says McVey. 'In the current environment there are substantial opportunities for investment managers with expertise in global macro and asset allocation strategies to create real value for their clients.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location