Alignment Investors hires three investment professionals
Alignment Investors, a division of BlueCrest Capital Management, has hired three investment professionals to expand its team managing absolute return focused fixed income investments.
Launched in December 2008, the strategy has found support with a number of investment consultants and has already attracted the interest of institutional investors, including Railway Pension Investments.
Paul Griffith, previously a credit specialist at Merrill Lynch, joined Alignment Investors in April as a credit portfolio manager. Before Merrill, he worked for BlueMountain Capital in London, a specialist credit manager in which BlueCrest Capital previously had an interest.
Robert Marsden has joined Alignment Investors as portfolio manager responsible for external investment strategies. He was previously at Mercer where he spent ten years as both head of fixed income manager research and more recently as lead portfolio manager of Mercer Investments' fixed income portfolios and the Diversified Alpha Fund, a multi-strategy absolute return fund.
Michael Dorgan joined Alignment Investors in May as an execution trader responsible for implementing internally managed investment strategies. He joins from Glencore UK's multi-strategy credit hedge fund division, Asteri Capital. Previously he worked in credit derivatives at Bank of America and the Treasury Department at Bank of Ireland.
Steve Ilott, one of the founding principals of Alignment Investors, says: 'We are delighted to have built up such a strong team over the past few months and are now extremely well-positioned to take advantage of the fantastic opportunities that the market is currently presenting. Since the business launched towards the end of last year it has made real progress and attracted the interest of some extremely high quality investors such as RailPen.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location