Drum Capital hires Duran Curis as managing director
Drum Capital Management, an independent investment management firm dedicated to distressed and turnaround investments, has appointed Duran Curis as a managing director.
A senior member of Drum's investment committee, Curis will be based in the firm's Stamford, Connecticut, headquarters. He will be responsible for assisting in the diligence, oversight, manager selection and portfolio construction for the Drum Capital Special Situation Partner Funds, as well as Drum's portfolio construction and direct investments.
Curis was previously a managing director at HRJ Capital, where he launched the HRJ Special Opportunities Funds, a series of fund of funds focused exclusively on distressed debt, turnaround and restructuring investments.
Prior to joining HRJ Capital, he was managing director and head of the US office of LGT Capital Partners, one of the largest European-based private equity fund of funds managers. Before founding LGT's US office, Curis was based in LGT's main office in Zurich, Switzerland.
'We are very pleased to have Duran on board at Drum Capital,' says Scott Vollmer, chief executive of Drum Capital Management. 'We worked together previously at PCG, and I know that Duran is an exceptionally smart distressed investment professional with solid manager selection skills. He brings a lot of valuable experience to Drum as we continue to build out our platform, during what has become a very busy credit cycle.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location