Liontrust recruits global equity fund manager
Liontrust Asset Management has recruited Ross Hollyman to develop the global value, global earnings surprise and global multi-factor equity investment processes.
Liontrust plans to launch a number of collective investment vehicles that will apply these new investment processes, including alternative investment funds, authorised unit trusts and offshore funds.
Liontrust will also offer the investment processes to the institutional market via segregated accounts, pooled institutional funds and managed accounts.
Hollyman will join the firm in January 2010. He is an investment director at GAM, where he is responsible for UK and European equity long only and long/short portfolios and heads a team of four specialists.
Prior to joining GAM, Hollyman was a senior portfolio manager with JP Morgan Fleming, where he managed UK and European portfolios and worked with Gary West and James Inglis-Jones.
Nigel Legge, chief executive of Liontrust, says: 'We are delighted that Ross is joining Liontrust. We believe Ross is ideally suited to Liontrust because, like all our managers, he is a process-driven investor.
'Ross worked with Gary West and James Inglis-Jones for many years at JP Morgan Fleming. He uses multi-factor investment processes, one of which is similar to Gary and James' Cashflow Solution.'
Hollyman says: 'I am very pleased to be joining the team at Liontrust. Gary, James and I have previously worked together very successfully and developed ideas that underpin both of our investment approaches. With its clear commitment to process driven investment, Liontrust represents the ideal platform to further develop my track record. I am also looking forward to helping Liontrust to grow its assets under management over the next few years during the next stage of the company's development.'
It is proposed that a new group entity, Liontrust Global Investment Services, will be established for Hollyman and the team he will head at Liontrust, based on the structure that was put in place for the company's European team in 2006. Liontrust will recruit a team for Hollyman over the next few months.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location