BTIG expands capabilities with US-based Japan team
BTIG LLC, an institutional broker dealer specialising in trading and related brokerage services, has expanded its international capabilities with the addition of a three-person US-based live hours (8pm-2am EST) Japan team.
William Chandruang, Jeff Gallo, and David Schneider have all been hired at managing director level for the new team with Schneider to be based in Greenwich, and Gallo and Chandruang in Los Angeles. All three have covered the Japanese markets for the majority of their careers, and have worked in Japan, which gives them an edge in understanding the nuances of Japan's equity market.
"William, Jeff and David bring a wealth of experience, long standing and deep rooted institutional relationships, and an in-depth knowledge of the Asian equity markets," saya BTIG co-founder Steven Starker. "Providing our clients with seamless execution across the globe and around the clock has become increasingly important in today's rapidly changing environment."
Chandruang spent the last 15 years working in Japan most recently at UBS where he was a managing director and both co-head of client trading & execution and head of international sales trading. Before moving to Japan, Chandruang worked at Smith Barney in New York for 4 years.
Gallo joined BTIG after living and working in Tokyo for a total of 15 years. He most recently worked at Nikko Citigroup where he was a Managing Director and Co-Head of Japanese Sales Trading. Prior to that, he worked as a sales trader with Morgan Stanley Japan.
Schneider was previously with Merrill Lynch in Japan where he was in charge of the entire execution services platform, including trading, sales trading, program trading and electronic trading. Prior to that, he worked for Jardine Fleming in Hong Kong, Singapore and Manila.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location