Liontrust recruits global equity team
Liontrust Asset Management is hiring Ross Hollyman's team of three investment managers - Nikki Martin, Rob Cornish and Tom Ayres - from GAM in October 2009.
This follows the announcement on 22 June 2009 that Hollyman (pictured) will move from GAM to Liontrust in January 2010.
On joining Liontrust, Hollyman and his team will develop the global value, global earnings surprise and global multi-factor equity investment processes in Liontrust's latest move to broaden its product range.
Martin will focus primarily on the global earnings surprise investment process at Liontrust. At GAM, Martin undertakes qualitative and quantitative analysis on UK and paneEuropean equity long short and long only funds. She is involved in the daily management of funds, asset allocation and stock selection, performance analysis and dealing. Martin has previously been an investment manager at SWIP and HSBC Private Equity.
Cornish will concentrate primarily on the global value investment process. Before joining GAM in January 2004, Cornish was a consultant at FactSet between October 2000 and October 2003.
Ayres will focus primarily on the global multi factor investment process. At GAM, his roles since joining the company in 2005 have included fundamental and qualitative analysis and developing quantitative models and analytical tools. Ayres has also previously worked for Anglo Chinese Corporate Finance and Lehman Brothers.
Hollyman is an investment director at GAM, where he is responsible for UK and European equity long only and long/short portfolios. He manages the GAM Star UK Dynamic Equity, GAM UK Equity Hedge, GAM European Systematic Value and Income, GAM Star Absolute Euro Systematic and GAM Star European Systematic Value funds.
Nigel Legge, chief executive of Liontrust, says: 'We are delighted that we have been able to recruit Ross Hollyman's team to work with him again at Liontrust. The addition of their global investment processes will be a key part of Liontrust's strategy to broaden our product range and add value to investors in asset classes where there is strong demand.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location