Reed Smith adds Alexandra Poe to financial industry group
Law firm Reed Smith has added of Alexandra 'Sandra' Poe as a partner in its financial industry group, based in New York City.
Poe was formerly a partner in the New York office of Wilmer Hale. Her practice focuses on representing hedge funds and their advisers in fund formation, adviser registration, compliance, and regulatory advice.
Poe also provided leadership as senior inside counsel for major corporations in the funds industry, including roles as vice president and investment company counsel for Citibank Global Asset Management; vice president and chief legal officer for managed accounts and alternative investment strategies at Prudential Financial; senior vice president and assistant general counsel at US Trust; and general counsel of Schroder Capital Management.
'Sandra has a top hedge fund practice with a high-end client base,' says Frederick Leech, Reed Smith's funds practice group leader within the financial industry group. 'Her experience is in great demand by top fund sponsors and investors, and Sandra will be instrumental in providing the sophisticated services we offer to our clients in this sector.'
Reed Smith's financial industry group now includes more than 225 attorneys dedicated to clients in the financial sector focusing on finance, litigation, commercial restructuring and bankruptcy, investment management, and regulatory matters. Poe will handle private funds work for both the group's existing financial services clients and for new clients.
'The funds business is resilient under a wide range of economic conditions,' says Poe. 'During the current period of economic downturn, well-positioned firms like Reed Smith, with fund practices in both London and New York, are actively involved in hedge fund restructuring work, while at the same time working with clients to map out their efforts to comply with oncoming regulation and the flow of fund formation activity that will result as the economic recovery gathers steam. I am very bullish about the funds industry and I look forward to working with my new colleagues around the globe to serve our private funds clients.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location