RWC hires team for launch of US long short funds
RWC Partners has made a number of significant hires to work with Mike Corcell on its US long short funds.
Both RWC Biltmore and RWC US Absolute Alpha are US equity long short funds planned for launch in October 2009.
The team joining Corcell (pictured) will be Gabe Marshank, Alex Robarts, Sam Weeman and trader Hayes Varey.
Marshank will be partnering with Corcell who he has known for over five years. He spent seven years at SAC Capital, where he was a senior analyst working closely with Steve Cohen and prior to SAC Capital he worked for Pequot. Marshank and Corcell will work together, with Marshank responsible for the analysts and Corcell responsible for portfolio management.
Robarts worked with Corcell for over four years as an analyst on the Threadneedle American Crescendo Fund. Weeman was number two in the Global Tobacco team at JPMorgan Investment Bank.
The team will launch a Cayman long short fund, RWC Biltmore, and a parallel Ucits fund, RWC US Absolute Alpha. Both funds will be managed along the same lines as the Threadneedle American Crescendo fund which delivered returns for investors in excess of 19 per cent p.a. for over four years.
Peter Harrison, chief executive of RWC Partners, says: 'These hires underline our confidence in Mike and the launch of his new funds. We have now been visiting potential investors for over a month and are receiving very strong feedback. Mike has a great reputation in the US long short space and has generated very good returns for his investors in the past.
"The strength and depth of the team that will be in place from day one reflect the commitment RWC Partners is making; in this environment investors are looking for fully resourced, stable investment teams. Mike has previously worked with two of the senior members of his team and believes that the structure he is putting in place will ensure that the team has the full potential to generate great ideas and performance for their investors from the outset."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location