Hedge fund manager Joins ThermoEnergy board
ThermoEnergy, a company engaged in the worldwide commercialization of patented and proprietary municipal and industrial wastewater treatment and power generation technologies, has appointed J. Winder Hughes III to its board of directors.
Hughes, 50, is the managing director of the private equity firm of Hughes Capital Investors. In 2000, Hughes formed the Focus Fund, a Florida-based, highly concentrated equity partnership that focuses on publicly-traded emerging growth companies. Over the past two years, the Focus Fund has become one of the largest investors in ThermoEnergy.
Prior to the formation of Hughes Capital and the Focus Fund, Hughes held positions with Prudential Securities, Kidder Peabody, and Barnett Banks of Florida.
"We are extremely pleased that Hughes accepted our invitation to join the board of ThermoEnergy Corporation," says Dennis C. Cossey, ThermoEnergy's chairman and chief executive. "With his extensive background in corporate finance and investment banking, Hughes represents a tremendous resource on which the ThermoEnergy management team can rely on."
"Given that the company is on the cusp of commercial prosperity with its wastewater treatment business and at the forefront of achieving value-creating milestones with its Babcock-Thermo Carbon Capture joint venture," says Hughes. "I look forward to working with the management team to strengthen the company's financial stability and improve business performance for the benefit of all its stakeholders."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location