Nick Tranter joins Execution to lead derivatives business
Nick Tranter has joined Execution as head of derivatives to lead the development of the firm's institutional and hedge fund derivatives business.
He will work with Garreth Hodgson, head of European equities, and will sit on the firm's European management committee.
Tranter, who has nearly 20 years of experience of working in the derivatives markets, has spent the last 18 months at BNP Paribas as pan-European head of equity and derivatives flow sales. For more than a decade prior to that he worked at Morgan Stanley, where he was a founder and later managing director in charge of its European equity derivative sales business. From 1992 to 1996 he was responsible for equity derivatives research at JPMorgan in London.
Hodgson says: 'Nick is an important hire and will develop our institutional and hedge fund client derivatives business, building on the derivatives trading success we have achieved this year. He has a significant number of high-level relationships, with both dealing desks and fund managers, and will play a major part in the broadening of our offering through his knowledge of the full suite of non-cash equity products. We are committed to building a strong derivatives business sharing all the Execution characteristics of strong market share and high levels of service and Nick will be actively developing our resources in this area.'
Tranter adds: 'Execution is a business that I know well and have been watching with interest as it has grown. I am truly excited at the opportunity to work with such a high quality team of professionals. The firm is uniquely well positioned. It's growing quickly with a strong forward momentum that positions it better than ever before to offer outstanding service to its clients in the current environment and in the future. The timing's also perfect to be hiring new talent and I am looking forward to building a significant derivatives business that will be an important part of Execution's offering to its clients.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location