Denver Investments and GRT Capital form Denver Alternatives
Denver Investments, a USD7bn asset management firm, and GRT Capital Partners, a multi-strategy alternative investment firm, have formed Denver Alternatives.
As the new alternative asset division of Denver Investments, Denver Alternatives will serve pension funds, endowments, family offices and other institutional investors.
"The two ingredients for success in the alternatives space are talent and discipline," says Todger Anderson (pictured), chairman of Denver Investments. "GRT's strategies are managed by professionals with decades of experience at leading institutions and strong historical track records - all backed by excellent research. This relationship allows the firm's current investment teams to stay 100 per cent focused on existing clients."
John DeTore, chief investment officer of Denver Alternatives, adds: "Alternatives continue to grow in importance to institutional investors. Denver Alternatives has a major product line of ten existing strategies with strong returns driven with diverse investment processes. This creates an opportunity to offer a unique multi-strategy/multi-manager product designed to provide return, risk control and custody advantages over competing products and product platforms."
Available strategies include long/short fundamental investing, disciplined market neutral investing in Europe, Asia and the Americas, specialised products for healthcare, technology and natural resources, public/private style microcap investing, closed-end fund arbitrage and asset allocation.
"Denver Investments embodies a culture and philosophy we admire - with roots in research-based active management since 1958 and an excellent reputation in serving the needs of institutions," says Tim Krochuk, managing director at GRT Capital and chief operating officer of Denver Alternatives. "These attributes, combined with GRT's extensive management expertise in alternative investments and operational capabilities, allow Denver Alternatives to address the needs of institutional investors head-on."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund