Veritas to launch Ucits III long short China fund
Veritas Asset Management is to launch a Ucits III long/short China fund to investors at the start of October.
The Veritas China Fund will focus on equities in the China and Hong Kong regions and has been designed to complement Veritas’ existing Asian strategies, which include the Veritas Asian Fund and the Real Return Asian Fund.
The fund, which will have capacity of up to USD500m, is seeking to achieve long term capital growth with a target return of 15-20 per cent per annum. Targeted volatility will be approximately half of the Chinese market as measured by the MSCI Zhong Hua Index.
The fund will be run by Veritas’ Asian team, headed by Ezra Sun (pictured), and working closely with Raymond Foo in Hong Kong. The fund will have a strong thematic approach focusing on the social, political, economic, cultural and technological factors, which Veritas believes are behind growth in the region. The fund will focus on dividend yield and earnings momentum.
The fund will have daily liquidity and be available to institutional investors, discretionary managers, professional intermediaries, private banks, funds of hedge funds, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Sun says: “We have always seen China as one of our core competences at Veritas. Our decision to launch the Veritas China Fund is to provide investors with a flexible vehicle that offers access to what we believe is one of the most exciting markets for the next decade. At Veritas we have been championing Asia for a long time and with this fund we feel we have created the third string to an Asian Strategy that will maximise the investment potential in the region.
“We are launching a Ucits fund within an environment where greater regulation and liquidity are the strongest drivers. This also gives us the opportunity to make the fund accessible to a wider investor base.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund