Atrato Advisors hires prime brokerage veteran
Atrato Advisors, a provider of hedge fund portfolio research, advisory and risk management solutions, has appointed Hyacinth Chu, an 11-year veteran of the prime brokerage businesses of Morgan Stanley and UBS, as a managing director.
Chu will assume a dual role at Atrato, as she will direct the firm’s business development activities while also contributing to the firm’s research efforts, particularly on the operational due diligence side.
Chu’s hiring represents continued growth for Atrato, the hedge fund consulting boutique founded late last year by Brian Reich, former head of research at Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management and Cantor Fitzgerald.
Atrato’s has won direct advisory mandates of approximately USD200m in its first year across the family office and institutional allocator space, both in the US as well as abroad.
Prior to joining Atrato Advisors, Chu spent the vast majority of her career at Morgan Stanley in the firm’s prime brokerage group. During her decade-long tenure, she was a vice president responsible for client management and business development for the firm’s multi-asset class prime services platform, including traditional prime brokerage as well as electronic trading, CDS intermediation, repo financing, and bank loans.
She left Morgan Stanley in 2007 for UBS Prime Brokerage, where she was a director in business development for the firm’s broad prime services offering.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund