Goodman appoints Independent Franchise Partners as sub-adviser
Goodman has appointed London-based Independent Franchise Partners as a sub-adviser with a global value mandate for Marquis Institutional Global Equity Portfolio.
IFP is expected to take up its new mandate on 1 October 2009, replacing Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
The selection was made by the oversight committee, consisting of investment professionals from Goodman and its parent, DundeeWealth, following a rigorous manager search by the company's institutional investments team.
IFP was selected for the investment approach it offers through a dedicated, employee-owned, investment management partnership. IFP employs a research process that is focused on identifying investment opportunities which demonstrate both the quality and value characteristics that they believe can deliver sustainable, long-term investment returns.
The other eight sub-advisers in the Marquis Institutional Global Equity Portfolio remain unchanged.
There will be no changes to the investment objectives or investment strategy of the fund.
Goodman is a Canadian asset management company that offers a range of wealth management solutions through financial advisers. These include the mutual funds, hedge funds and closed-end investment trusts of Dynamic Funds, the portfolio solutions of the Marquis Investment Programme, the flow-through limited partnerships of CMP and Canada Dominion and the high-net worth investment counsel of Goodman Private Wealth Management.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund