PowerShares Listed Private Equity Portfolio goes global
The PowerShares Listed Private Equity Portfolio will begin tracking the Global Listed Private Equity Index, and will be renamed the PowerShares Global Listed Private Equity Portfolio.
The fund will continue to be offered on the NYSE Arca under the existing ticker symbol PSP. The fund had previously tracked the Red Rocks Capital Listed Private Equity Index.
"The universe of publicly-listed private equity opportunities outside the US is quite significant, and we are pleased to be broadening the scope of PSP to provide investors with a global exposure to this asset class," says Ben Fulton, executive vice president global product development at Invesco PowerShares. "We are delighted to continue our partnership with Red Rocks Capital, one of the world's leading experts in private equity."
"Private equity is an essential asset class as both emerging and developed economies require capital for growth, re-capitalization and innovative technologies," says Mark Sunderhuse, founder and managing director at Red Rocks Capital. "The Global Listed Private Equity Index represents private equity investments on a global scale. The direct holdings underlying the publicly traded securities within the Index provide exposure to more than 1,000 privately held businesses diversified by industry, geography, stage of investment, vintage year and capital structure."
As of 30 September 2009, the PowerShares Listed Private Equity Portfolio will normally invest at least 90 per cent of its total assets in securities, which may include ADRs and GDRs that comprise the Global Listed Private Equity Index.
The index is designed to track the performance of a global group of private equity firms which are publicly traded on nationally recognised exchanges worldwide. It contains between 40 and 60 companies that invest in and lend capital to privately held businesses, representing a means of diversified exposure to private equity firms. The securities of the index are selected and rebalanced quarterly per modified market capitalization weights.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location