EUR107bn turnover at Deutsche Börse in September
A total of EUR107.4bn was traded on Xetra and on the floor at Börse Frankfurt in September, a decrease of 53 per cent from the September 2008 figure of EUR229.8bn.
Of the EUR107.4bn, EUR100.4bn was traded on Xetra, a decrease of 54 per cent year-on-year, while EUR7.0bn euros were traded on the floor.
Turnover in German equities amounted to EUR92.8bn, while foreign equities turnover stood at EUR11.5bn. Xetra and the floor at Börse Frankfurt accounted for 97 per cent of the transaction volume in German equities on all stock exchanges in Germany. Ninety two per cent of foreign equities traded on stock exchanges in Germany were traded on Xetra and on the floor in Frankfurt.
In September, 15 million transactions were executed on Xetra, a decrease of 33 per cent against the same period last year (September 2008: 22 million).
According to the Xetra liquidity measure, SAP was the most liquid DAX blue chip in September with 7.2 basis points for an order volume of EUR100,000. Hochtief was the most liquid MDAX stock with 26.4 basis points. The most liquid ETF was the db-x-trackers II Eonia T.R. 1C with 0.3 basis points. The most liquid foreign stock was Royal Dutch Shell with 15.1 basis points.
Deutsche Bank was the DAX stock with the highest turnover on Xetra in September at EUR6.1bn. HeidelbergCement was the top MDAX stock at EUR1.8bn, while Aareal Bank led the SDAX stocks at EUR46m and Infineon Technologies headed the TecDAX at EUR1.1bn. At EUR1.4bn, the iShares DAX was the ETF with the highest turnover.
On all stock exchanges in Germany EUR121.7bn were traded in September, according to orderbook turnover statistics, a decrease of 51 per cent year-on-year. This total includes EUR110.5bn euros in equities, warrants and ETFs, as well as EUR11.1bn in fixed income securities.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund