Odey expands global equities capability
Odey Asset Management has appointed Simon Todd and Michael Nickson to run the group's global equities strategy.
The pair managed more than USD20bn at US asset manager MFS Investment Management, and have built a strong performance record in global and European equities.
Todd invested across various global and European strategies at MFS. He trained at Phillips & Drew, having joined the company from KPMG.
His colleague Nickson, who trained at Goldman Sachs, worked alongside Todd on his European strategies and co-managed MFS’ international research funds with responsibility for utilities, capital goods and financials.
Todd says: "We are delighted to be joining Crispin and his team. We share common values and goals and feel our investment style will best flourish in an environment like the one Crispin has carefully cultivated over the years. We are incredibly performance-focused, and Crispin's drive to make money for clients rather than simply asset gathering is something which greatly appeals. "
The duo will kick off by managing a new unconstrained global equities long-only fund, the Odey Global Allegra Fund. The new fund will be part of the group's Allegra range which includes the GBP204.17m Allegra European Fund and the GBP658.81m Allegra International.
Crispin Odey (pictured), founder of Odey Asset Management, says: “This is a very successful team and we firmly believe that by giving them much less money to manage than in their former roles, it will give them an even greater opportunity to perform. We continue to invest in new talent at Odey to strengthen the team and build the business and now have a team of more than 30 investment professionals of whom we are very proud."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location