Richard Wohanka joins UBP to head alternative investments division
Union Bancaire Privée has hired Richard Wohanka, former chief executive of Fortis Investment Management, as the chief executive of the bank’s new asset management and alternative investments division.
Wohanka (pictured) also becomes a member of the bank’s executive committee.
“We are pleased that Richard Wohanka is joining UBP.” says Guy de Picciotto, chief executive of UBP. “His global vision, his management skills and his long experience in international finance and asset management are a major advantage for our development strategy.”
UBP Asset Management now has four activities: institutional asset management; the sale and distribution of products; alternative asset management; and long-only funds. These changes are in line with the new international economic and financial environment and the bank’s strategic development, which demands greater integration of its global activities.
Wohanka has more than 25 years of experience in asset management. He was chief executive of Fortis Investment Management from 2001 to 2009 and chief executive of WestLB Asset Management from 1997 to 2001. Previously, he worked for 13 years at Paribas, three of which as chief executive of asset management.
Christophe Bernard, UBP’s chief investment officer, and André Gigon, head of institutional clients and product distribution, will report directly to Wohanka.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund