FTSE Mondo Visione Exchanges Index up 6.4 per cent
The share values of listed exchanges grew by 6.4 per cent during September 2009, amid further signs that the sector is returning to buoyancy and outperforming the rest of the market in terms of recovery.
Sixteen of the 18 exchanges listed on the Mondo Visione Exchanges Index experienced growth in the past month, with BM&F Bovespa leading the charge having grown 17.6 per cent in September and 65.7 per cent over the past year.
The index, which aims to reflect market sentiment, closed at 23,625.71 on 30 September 2009 and, overall, the recent trend remains positive since a four-year low of 11,707.68 recorded in March 2009.
Herbie Skeete, managing director, Mondo Visione, says: “It looks as though the exchange sector is beginning to return to health. Listed exchanges have been forced to engage in some significant cost cutting in order to improve performance and remain competitive.
“Year to date, we are, however, seeing the recovery continue and the exchanges sector persists in outpacing the rest of the market.”
The FTSE Mondo Visione Exchanges Index best performer by capital returns in US dollars was BM&F Bovespa with a 17.6 per cent increase in share price from 31 August 2009 to 30 September 2009.
The FTSE Mondo Visione Exchanges Index worst performer by capital returns in US dollars was Nasdaq OMX Group with a 4.1 per cent decrease in share price from 31 August 2009 to 30 September 2009.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location