Watson Wyatt names global head of hedge fund research
Global consulting firm Watson Wyatt has promoted Damien Loveday to global head of hedge fund research, taking on the role from Craig Baker, who also leads the wider global manager research team.
The role is one of four global manager research leadership roles, the others being bonds (Margaret Frost), equities (Martin Knowles) and private markets (Jane Welsh).
Loveday (pictured), who has a CFA qualification, joined Watson Wyatt from the Royal Bank of Scotland Asset Management's multi-manager team three years ago. His appointment was effective from 1 October 2009 and he will report to Baker.
Baker says: "We still believe in the ability of highly talented investors to adapt to this changing environment. While the crisis has exposed many hedge funds that are not structured to add value for investors, it is an industry that still has a high proportion of the world's most talented investors capable of delivering value in difficult markets. Damien's appointment is part of an ongoing strategy to identify those hedge fund managers that can generate strong net risk-adjusted returns and we welcome him to the global manager research leadership team."
The hedge fund research team is structured along four specialist areas, with Loveday continuing to head the fixed income hedge fund team, Leon Beukes heading the long/short equity and multi-strategy hedge fund teams and Craig Stevenson heading the fund of hedge fund team.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location