MFA to form alliance with affiliate hedge fund associations
The Managed Funds Association is to form alliances with regional hedge fund associations and their members in order to collaborate on key initiatives.
The new MFA alliances will provide an opportunity for regional hedge fund associations to play a role in furthering MFA’s mission of advocating industry growth.
“We are pleased to announce this important new initiative to collaborate with regional hedge fund associations toward a common goal,” says Richard H. Baker, MFA president and chief executive. “The affiliate associations will join MFA in a cooperative effort to ensure that all participants in the alternative investment industry work together to maintain a robust and healthy industry, across all regions, committed to market disciplines, professional conduct and client services.”
The first of these affiliations will be with the Mid Atlantic Hedge Fund Association with other regional alliances to follow shortly.
Andy Russin, MAHFA president, says: "It is imperative for all industry participants to work collaboratively and speak with a unified voice as our industry continues to evolve and gain prominence in the markets and in the portfolios of institutional investors such as pensions, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds. We are pleased to affiliate with MFA and share our regional relationships and outlooks with MFA's board of directors and staff."
MFA will hold a special meeting for new and potential affiliates at its inaugural hedge fund leadership conference on 15-16 October.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund