CME Group adds Derek Sammann to management team
Derivatives marketplace CME Group has appointed Derek Sammann, an executive with 20 years of global derivatives industry experience, to its management team as managing director, financial products and services.
Sammann (pictured) will report to Rick Redding, managing director, products and services, effective immediately.
Sammann will be responsible for leading the development, execution and management of CME Group's interest rate, equity and FX product lines. He previously served as managing director, global head of foreign exchange products since joining CME Group in 2006.
"CME Group continues to expand its core business and customer base around the world, with our broad suite of financial risk management products comprising approximately 75 per cent of our total volume," says CME Group chief executive officer Craig Donohue. "Derek's addition to our management team, along with Barry Goldblatt who leads our commodity, energy and metals business, and Laurent Paulhac who leads our OTC business, will further strengthen the capabilities of our leadership team as we continue to successfully execute our global growth strategy."
Prior to joining CME Group, Sammann acquired more than 16 years of experience in the global FX market, most recently as managing director, global head of FX options and structured products at Calyon Corporate and Investment Bank in London, where he was responsible for building and managing the product platform, technology, trading and structured products offering in the company's global FX options business.
Prior to becoming global head at Calyon, Sammann worked as senior vice-president and chief dealer, FX options for Credit Agricole Indosuez in London, and as vice-president and senior trader, FX options at Banque Indosuez in Paris.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund