Hedge Fund Fight Nite contenders are weighed in
Twelve financiers were officially weighed in on 22 October at Solas bar in Hong Kong in advance of the Hedge Fund Fight Nite.
In its third year, Hedge Fund Fight Nite is a test of strength and perseverance that hedge fund managers and bankers put themselves through in the name of charity.
For the past five months, the 12 contenders have been put through an intense training regime.
Rob Derry, managing director at Ironmonger Events, the event owner and organiser for Hedge Fund Fight Nite, says: “We initially had 44 volunteers sign up to take part in the event. It is a testament to these 12, who stand here before us, of the amount of time and effort they have put in to make it this far. Having never boxed before, the energy these guys have put into training is astounding; guests to the main event can expect great things.”
Meeting each other for the last time before the step in the ring next Thursday, the following fighters met each other on the Solas stage to shake hands before the fight of their lives.
The fighters are:
• Jesse “Happy Feet” Kavanagh (Nomura) vs. Benoit “La Tornade” Descourtieux (OP Calypso Capital)
• John “Headcount Reduction” Crane (3A Asia) vs. Justin “Carve ‘em Up” Jones (Link - ICAP)
• Chris “Fingers” Auckland (Michael Page) vs. George “The Assassin” Sobek (UBS)
• James “Bada Bing” Bryan (Execuzen) vs. Terry “The Eastern Southpaw” Koon (Zurich International)
• Jacco “The Punching Dutchman” Kllip (HK Jockey Club) vs. Jacques “Sugarbok” Scherman (Sovereign Trust)
• Steve “Dynamite” Davidson (JP Morgan) vs. Bruce “Almighty” French (UBS)
Hoping to raise HKD1m for the charities Operation Smile and Operation Breakthrough, Hedge Fund Fight Nite is taking place at a purpose built venue on the Forecourt of Hong Kong’s Happy Valley Racecourse next on 29 October. Around 700 people are expected to attend.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports