Molinero Capital launches systematic CTA hedge fund
Hedge fund manager Molinero Capital Management has launched Molinero Global Markets Fund, a systematic CTA hedge fund.
Laven Partners, the London based investment management consultancy and Laven Legal Services, an associated law firm, advised Molinero Capital Management on the structuring and launch of the fund.
The fund aims to produce consistent above average returns through long-term and short-term investments in the global futures markets using a unique proprietary trading programme, while also seeking to mitigate risk through diversification of investments and hedging activities.
The fund will invest in futures and forwards contracts in currencies, interest rates, equities, bonds and commodities.
The fund is managed by Rafael Molinero who has more than ten years’ experience in the hedge fund and financial services industry. Previously, he managed funds for Rotella Capital Management, a US-based CTA.
Laven Partners advised on the incorporation of the fund in the Cayman Islands and its registration with the local authorities while Laven Legal Services provided legal assistance for the fund and on its offering memorandum.
Molinero says: “In the current environment, investors are looking for products that deliver returns with minimal risk. The fund’s models use a variety of risk management techniques including active stop losses. Alongside this, we will maintain a diversified portfolio which will help us benefit from a wide variety of investment opportunities.”
Jérôme de Lavenère Lussan, principal founder and chief executive, Laven Partners, says: “Laven has recently seen a pick-up in the number of new hedge funds. These new managers are more aware of the need for high quality structures in line with regulators' best practices. It is important to have the right risk strategy and the team at Molinero Capital Management are not only highly experienced but have a strong operational culture. We are glad we were chosen to assist them with this launch.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund