Cedrus launches two global nanotechnology indices
Cedrus Investments, a boutique investment firm, has launched two global nanotechnology indices: Cedrus Nanotechnology Index – Diversified and Cedrus Nanotechnology Index – Pure.
The indices are designed to serve as benchmarks for professional investors to capitalise on the fastest growing technology companies spanning the five markets most impacted by nanotechnology - manufacturing, electronics, energy, life sciences and environment.
Cedrus’ diversified index includes 220 equally-weighted companies spanning all five nano-markets and is inclusive of both diversified companies that have nanotechnology as only one of many growth drivers, and pure-play companies that have nanotechnology as their primary driver of growth.
Cedrus’ pure index is a concentrated index, comprised of 67 equally-weighted pure-play companies spanning all five nano-markets and best-suited for small cap investors.
Kimberly Nearing, executive vice president, says: “Companies developing nanotechnology have been among the best performing stocks over the past decade. While the past is no guarantee of the future, we believe their outperformance will continue, led by strong growth in innovation and demand for their products and services.”
Both indices will be rebalanced quarterly to reflect structural changes in the industry and exchange-traded fund versions of each will be launched shortly.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location