EEX and Eurex expand cooperation to power derivatives
The European Energy Exchange and the international derivatives exchange Eurex are expanding their cooperation.
As of 25 November 2009, Eurex customers will be able to trade and clear EEX power derivatives via their existing Eurex access.
The new products in the cooperation comprise Phelix Baseload Futures and Options and Phelix Peakload Futures.
“We are offering our core product – Phelix Futures – to a global network of new participants for trading and clearing in one big step,” says Dr. Hans-Bernd Menzel, chief executive of EEX.
Peter Reitz, Eurex executive board member, adds: “The expansion of our cooperation with the EEX will enable our participants to engage in exchange trading of power derivatives for the first time. This step underlines our strategy of expanding into new asset classes and offering our participants access to existing liquidity pools. Thanks to their high level of existing liquidity, the Phelix power derivatives are a very attractive European benchmark product for our financial participants and perfectly complement perfectly our existing offering of emission rights contracts.”
Eurex participants will be able to trade power futures and options via a simplified admission process, as with the existing cooperation in trading emission rights. The clearing link between European Commodity Clearing and Eurex Clearing means that Eurex participants can continue to use their existing clearing relationships.
EEX and Eurex already cooperate in emissions trading. Eurex participants have been able to trade EEX emissions products since December 2007. The cooperation currently comprises EUA futures, options on EUA futures and CER futures.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location