Hedge Funds Care to hold fifth London fundraising benefit
Hedge Funds Care, an alliance of hedge fund industry professionals committed to protecting children from abuse and neglect, is holding its fifth London fundraising benefit on 3 December 2009.
Esther Rantzen CBE (pictured), veteran journalist and TV presenter and founder of ChildLine, has agreed to become patron of the charity and will be attending the December event.
The fifth annual fundraising gala will include a live auction conducted by Lord Jeffrey Archer. Items on auction will include a hand-signed Salvador Dali etching donated by the Broad Gallery and a dinner for ten cooked by Chef Tom Aiken.
The evening will also feature a silent auction of limited edition works of art by some of the 20th century's most celebrated artists, including Picasso, Dali, Matisse and Chagall.
Since it was established in 2006, the UK chapter of Hedge Funds Care has raised over USD1.4m through its three annual fundraising events and a summer event held earlier this year.
To date, Hedge Funds Care UK has pledged funds to numerous charities, all focusing on improving the lives of children and families that have suffered the trauma of abuse. Recent beneficiaries include: Barnado’s (Young Women’s Service), CSV (Volunteers in Child Protection) and Family Action (Building Bridges Newham).
Robert Mirsky, chairman, Hedge Funds Care UK, says: "We are very proud to be in the position to hold a second fundraising event in 2009, despite the less favourable conditions for philanthropy over the past year. Our support from the hedge fund industry continues to grow and allows us to help prevent and treat child abuse in the UK. This year, we are extremely proud to have enlisted the help of Esther Rantzen as patron of our charity. Her experience and commitment to helping children in need will be invaluable to our cause and we look forward to a successful partnership.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund