Sothic selects GlobeOp to support distressed strategy fund
London-based investment manager Sothic Capital Management has selected GlobeOp Financial Services to provide middle- and back-office and fund administration services for its newly launched Sothic Capital European Opportunities Fund.
The fund launched in September 2009 with USD83m in assets under management, which have since grown to more than USD105m.
GlobeOp will provide full post-trade support, including the processing of bank debt trades.
Domiciled in the Cayman Islands, the Sothic Capital European Opportunities Fund focuses on European distressed situations and is open to new investors. Sothic Capital Management was established late in 2008 by the investment management team formerly responsible for the distressed investment strategy at JP Morgan's proprietary positioning business.
"High levels of leveraged buyout and loan activity by private equity firms in the past few years left a significant number of European companies vulnerable to the financial crisis," says GJ Koomen, chief Investment officer of Sothic Capital Management. "This creates a source of opportunity on an unprecedented scale for distressed situations specialists with the relevant experience in the widely diverse European distressed markets."
GlobeOp is providing Sothic with daily trade data acquisition and processing, independent valuation and reconciliation, and investor communications.
"We are pleased to have been selected by Sothic to support the launch of its European Opportunities Fund from inception," says Vernon Barback, president and chief operating officer of GlobeOp. "Our continuous technology investment means we can offer clients scale and instrument coverage that most funds could not achieve on their own. Our bank debt trade processing expertise enables us to support Sothic with streamlined and fully integrated straight-through processing through the post-trade lifecycle, enabling its investment managers to focus on research, execution and alpha generation."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location