Man and Credit Suisse launch managed accounts initiative
Man Investments and Credit Suisse have launched a managed accounts initiative in response to investors’ increased demands for transparency, liquidity and control.
The new initiative brings together Man’s managed accounts platform and portfolio management expertise with access to Credit Suisse’s structured fund linked products capability. It offers institutional investors flexible and secure investment across a broad selection of the best managers.
Under the initiative, Man Investments is responsible for the sourcing, due diligence and ongoing quality monitoring of managers.
Credit Suisse is responsible for providing risk transfer and delivery expertise to provide a choice of principal protection, dynamic leverage, pass-through exposure and enhanced liquidity. Delivery vehicles include solutions such as notes, certificates, swaps, unit trust and Ucits III funds.
The joint offering has been designed to mitigate potential conflicts between investors and the structured products provider by offering the same liquidity terms across all investors.
Christoph Moeller (pictured), global head of distribution at Man, says: “Man has always approached managed accounts from an investment perspective and we view them as a powerful tool in portfolio construction, rather than just a standalone solution. For this reason, managed accounts have always been deeply rooted in our investment process. We are delighted to have teamed up with Credit Suisse, a leader in fund linked products, to help broaden our global investor reach through customised solutions on the platform.”
Walter Rotondo, global head of fund linked products at Credit Suisse, says: "Man has accumulated a wealth of experience over the years in running managed accounts, supported by highly impressive portfolio management, research, infrastructure and risk management teams. Credit Suisse is delighted to commit its specialised resources, capital and balance sheet to the programme and provide investors with highly attractive investment solutions.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund