Newscape hires fixed income investment specialist
Investment boutique Newscape Capital Group has continued its expansion with the appointment of another ex-Aberdeen Asset Management fixed income investment specialist.
Leonardo Da Costa joins Newscape’s core investment team in London as a portfolio manager where he will work alongside chief investment officer Derek Fulton, who he worked with previously at Aberdeen.
In this role he will conduct macroeconomic analysis as well as producing interest rate and yield curve views with specific responsibility for local currency emerging market debt investments. He will also contribute to the asset allocation process for Newscape’s discretionary fund management service.
The news follows the recent announcement that Credit Agricole Asset Management’s pensions’ industry veteran Paul Molere has joined Newscape as a board director and head of the firm’s European institutional business.
Da Costa joins from Hydra Capital Management where he was a portfolio manager on the firm’s long only, long/short, and arbitrage emerging market fixed income strategies. He was primarily responsible for local bond and interest rate swap curves across global emerging markets, and was a key contributor in the development of the firm’s arbitrage models.
Prior to Hydra, Da Costa worked for Aberdeen Asset Management’s emerging market debt team, where he helped manage over USD2.5bn of emerging market fixed income assets. His responsibilities included implementing investment ideas encompassing a broad range of fixed income instruments, including external bonds, local market instruments and corporate bonds.
Stephen Decani, chief executive of Newscape, says: “Leonardo’s appointment adds great depth and further breadth to our investment capabilities, especially given his emerging market experience. The fact that Lenny and our CIO Derek Fulton have worked together previously at Aberdeen and have a great working relationship is an added bonus. This is firmly in-line with our aim of building a cohesive world-class team.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location