Altegris appoints Ken McGuire as chief operating officer
Altegris, a provider of alternative investments, is expanding its executive leadership team with the appointment of Ken McGuire as chief operating officer.
The newly created position reflects the firm's commitment to enhancing operations amid rapid growth of its platform.
Effective immediately, McGuire will oversee the growth and development of APM Funds (Altegris Premier Managers), the Altegris flagship line of alternative investment solutions.
"Our mission is to provide a diverse selection of best-of-breed alternative managers that provide low correlation to traditional asset classes, at lower investment minimums," says Jon Sundt (pictured), president and chief executive of Altegris Investments. "Ken has an extensive background in developing and managing operating platforms in support of world-class alternative investment managers. Adding Ken to our team will accelerate the already rapid expansion of our platform. We look forward to enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations under Ken's experienced leadership."
McGuire joins Altegris from BNY Mellon Alternative Investment Services, where he served as managing director of product management for single manager hedge funds, as part of the team that drove the unit to become the industry's third largest, single manager hedge fund administrator.
McGuire entered the alternative investment industry in 1990 at Goldman Sachs within the hedge fund strategies group, where he served as co-head of operations, finance and technology. He was also chairman of the operations committee and a member of the management policy committee.
"Altegris leads the development of the alternative investments industry by providing an open-architecture platform to serve investment professionals and sophisticated investors," says McGuire. "In joining the Altegris team, I am thrilled with the opportunity to enhance and expand our platform of high-quality alternative investments and provide even greater ease of use for our clients."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund