BTIG expands emerging markets fixed income platform
BTIG, a broker dealer specialising in institutional trading and related brokerage services, has expanded its emerging markets fixed income platform with the addition of Alfredo Chang and Patrick O’Sullivan.
Both professionals bring more than 15 years of experience to the firm.
“Over the last nine months we have expanded our team to include 75 of the strongest fixed income professionals on Wall Street focused on serving our growing institutional client base,” says Jon Bass, co-head of global fixed income at BTIG. “Both Alfredo and Pat bring significant experience to this effort.”
Chang and O’Sullivan join the recently formed emerging markets team, headed by Alex May, a 15 year veteran of Smith Barney and Salomon Brothers/Citigroup.
“We have made an early impact in emerging market credit sales and trading in the Americas and see an opportunity to replicate our model globally. As a mid-sized firm we are able to move quickly to meet our clients’ needs,” says May. “We are excited to welcome Pat and Alfredo to our team.”
Chang joins BTIG’s fixed income team as managing director of emerging markets sales. He was previously the global head of emerging markets fixed income for Lehman Brothers Asset Management. Prior to joining Lehman, he spent seven years at GE Asset Management.
O’Sullivan joins BTIG’s emerging markets trading team. He brings 20+ years of experience in the financial arena, and 15 years trading/sales experience in the emerging markets corporate/sovereign/structured product space. As a director at Merrill Lynch/BOA, O’Sullivan had senior sales/trading, syndicate and structured product development responsibilities on the private banking trading desk, and prior to that he had trading responsibilities on the institutional cash trading desk in the LATAM space.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location