Arendt & Medernach opens office in Hong Kong
Arendt & Medernach, the largest law firm in Luxembourg, has opened a new office in Hong Kong following similar expansions in Brussels, New York, London and Dubai.
The opening of the office will enable the firm to better serve its clients and law firms with which it works closely in Asia, as well as follow its Luxembourg clients who have operations in the region.
As a representative office, the Hong Kong office will not practice under Hong Kong law, for which the firm will continue to collaborate closely with those local law firms.
The services offered by the new Hong Kong office will focus primarily on public and private funds and direct investments.
“Hong Kong, due to its unique position as one of the global leading financial centres, is a centre that cannot be ignored in the global strategy of financial institutions and large and mid-sized companies of the industrial sector. Our clients in the region seek information on the Luxembourg financial centre, which helps them assist their contacts in the greater China region,” says Guy Harles (pictured), one of Arendt & Medernach’s founding partners and head of international development and strategy.
The firm’s Hong Kong office will be led locally by Stéphane Karolczuk, who was previously with the Luxembourg and New York offices, as well as Guy Harles and Claude Niedner, partner in the firm’s regulated investment funds practice who will visit the region on a regular basis.
Niedner says: “As outward investment funds from Asia are likely to increase fairly dramatically over the short term, and given the changes and reforms that are being implemented in multiple jurisdictions, the need for up-to-date advice and expertise is likely to grow. We see this strategic move of ours as timely.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund