MF Global makes GAAP net loss of USD16m
MF Global, an intermediary offering customised solutions in global cash, derivatives and related markets, made a GAAP net loss of USD16.0m or USD0.13 per basic and diluted share in the quarter ended 30 September 2009.
This compares with net income of USD3.5m or USD0.03 per basic and diluted share for the same period last year
Revenue, net of interest and transaction-based expenses (net revenue), was USD252.0m for the quarter versus USD372.9m for the same period last year.
Client payables were USD12.2bn at 30 September 2009 compared to USD14.0bn at 30 September 2008.
MF Global’s market share in August 2009 of US segregated assets was 5.8 per cent, a 12-month high.
“We are making significant progress during this challenging market environment. The company is advancing its global growth strategy, and we are beginning to realize the multiple benefits of these efforts," says Bernard W. Dan, chief executive officer of MF Global. "During the second quarter, we expanded the valuable products and services we offer institutional clients, gaining traction in some of our new fixed income product areas while significantly growing our retail business in Asia.
"These strategic initiatives mitigated the impact of broader market conditions. By pursuing high-growth, high-margin opportunities, we continue to expand MF Global’s market share, indicating the industry is increasingly recognising the advantages we deliver to clients. I believe we are well positioned to accomplish our goal of enhancing our company's profitability.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund