Maples increases share of Irish funds market
International law firm Maples and Calder says it is the only law firm in Ireland to increase its market share ranking as legal adviser to investment funds over the past year.
In a declining overall market, Maples, which established in Ireland in 2006, has significantly increased its market share as legal adviser to both domiciled and non-domiciled funds serviced in Ireland.
Despite a modest decline in the overall number of funds serviced in Ireland over the past year, Maples has increased its share by 320 per cent from seventh to third place with a market share of 15.6 per cent compared to 3.7 per cent in the previous year.
The market share rankings, as at June 2009, are compiled by Lipper, a subsidiary of Thomson Reuters.
The funds group at Maples Dublin specialises in financial services law and advises on the promotion and operation of all types of mutual funds. It also advises many of the leading service providers to funds, including global fund administrators, custodians and investment managers.
Barry McGrath (pictured), partner, says: “We are pleased to report a significant increase in our share of the Irish funds market over the past 12 months. It reflects the strength of the team we have built, our commitment to this sector, and our continuing focus on enhancing our service capability for our clients. Our objective, across each of the divisions within our firm, is to be, and be known as, the law firm of excellence in our chosen areas of expertise.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location