NYSE Liffe to launch equity options on AMG
NYSE Liffe, the Europe-based derivatives business of NYSE Euronext, will add options on the shares of the Dutch company AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group to its range of equity option classes.
The AMG options will be introduced on the Amsterdam derivatives market of NYSE Liffe on 12 November 2009.
Alan van Griethuysen, business head Benelux and Asia of NYSE Liffe, says: “We are delighted to see that there is a healthy demand for new equity option classes, amongst both professional traders and private investors. Half of the turnover in Mediq options, the most recent option class we launched, comes from private investors. We are also expecting a significant amount of interest in the AMG options.”
These new American-style options will expire on the third Friday of the contract month and will have initial lifetimes of one, two, three, six and nine months.
Each AMG option will represent 100 shares in AMG and will be cleared via LCH.Clearnet. Trading will take place on Liffe Connecto.
The market for AMG options will be supported by the full screen central market model pioneered in Amsterdam, and used in Brussels, London and Paris. This model gives investors access to competitive prices throughout the trading day by ensuring a constant display of bid and offer prices, thus improving on-screen liquidity and enhancing the quality of the market.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location