Newedge appoints John Ruskin global head of FF&O execution
Newedge, a provider of global brokerage and clearing services, has named John Ruskin global head of financial futures and options execution.
Based in London, Ruskin (pictured) will seek to further strengthen Newedge’s position as a broker in financial futures and options trading.
Ruskin will oversee the global operations of Newedge’s FF&O teams, facilitating cross-border trading and client’s execution needs across asset classes. Newedge has one of the largest FF&O businesses in the industry with more than 300 brokers in 17 countries.
Previously, Ruskin worked as managing director for the Cube division of Fimat, before the formation of Newedge in January 2008. Cube, an organisation focused on the execution of financial futures and options, as well as equity derivatives, was co-founded by Ruskin in 1997 and acquired by Fimat in 2006.
Ruskin first began his career at the London International Financial Futures Exchange, where he worked for various companies as a floor trader and manager.
Nicolas Breteau, global head of sales and front office for Newedge, says: “For over 18 years, John has been a driving force in the financial futures and options industry’s development. His extensive experience will be a benefit to our global client base and help establish Newedge’s FF&O area as one of our firm’s premier global business lines. I am confident that John’s market insight, together with his comprehensive understanding of the business, will continue to bring efficiencies and innovative solutions to clients.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund