Conyers to advise on Cyprus law
Multi-jurisdictional law firm Conyers Dill & Pearman will be adding Cyprus legal advice to its roster of jurisdictions.
The Cyprus practice will be launched out of Conyers’ Moscow office, and the firm will provide advice on all aspects of Cyprus corporate law.
Cypriot law firm Antis Triantafyllides has entered into an arrangement with Conyers Dill & Pearman for mutual co-operation on Cyprus, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Mauritius work. It will assign a lawyer from their Cyprus office to Conyers' Moscow office on completion of Russian employment formalities.
John Collis (pictured), chairman of Conyers, says: “Triantafyllides is a well recognised and respected Cyprus firm and we are very pleased to be co-operating with them. The addition of a Cyprus practice enables us to further expand opportunities for clients doing business in major international financial centres. It is yet another differentiator for the firm as we continue to pioneer the field of multi-jurisdictional law. Conyers offers a range of market leading jurisdictions to our global client base and we continue to look at ways of augmenting our service offering.”
The launch of Conyers’ Cyprus practice marks continued progression of the firm’s strategy to focus on the BRIC markets, following launches in São Paulo, Moscow and Mauritius over the past two years, in addition to its Hong Kong office.
Nearly half of all foreign direct investment into Russia flows through Cyprus and the British Virgin Islands, where Conyers is already established. It is expected that economic cooperation between Cyprus and Russia will continue to increase, following the completion of Cyprus’ new double taxation avoidance treaty with Russia in April 2009, and Cyprus’ removal from Russia’s blacklist of states and territories which participated in exemption for dividends.
With the addition of Cyprus, Conyers will advise on the laws of Cyprus, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Bermuda and Mauritius.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location