Beach Horizon launches US onshore fund
London-based investment manager Beach Horizon has launched a US onshore feeder fund to its flagship fund.
The fund is incorporated in Delaware and was launched on 1 December 2009 with initial AUM of USD10m. Total assets in the programme are now USD260m.
Beach Horizon has also opened a US office in Chicago and has appointed Richard Ewan president of the office.
Ewan has over 30 years of experience in the alternative investment industry. He previously worked for Man Investments for 16 years in five of their global locations in various roles in sales, marketing and business development. Most recently, he was with Man Investments in Toronto as director of business development.
David Beach says: “Launching an onshore fund and opening an office in the US seemed a natural progression for us. We already have an offshore fund in Cayman and have seen demand for an onshore product. We are very fortunate to have Rich Ewan onboard. Rich has lots of experience in the alternative industry and we were delighted when he agreed to head up our Chicago office teaming up with Edward Sutro, in London, to greatly enhance our global marketing coverage.”
Beach Horizon runs a systematic diversified managed futures fund with a high exposure towards commodities. The programme targets a long-term volatility of 15 per cent and last year put in a performance of +59.82 per cent. After a period of lacklustre markets in 2009 for the managed futures industry, Beach Horizon was able to hold onto most of the gains of 2008 and has put in a strong November of 7.53 per cent, bringing performance year to date to -2.32 per cent.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location