Blacksquare launches multi–manager absolute return fund
Blacksquare Capital, an alternative asset management firm, has launched the IFSL Blacksquare Multi-Manager Absolute Return Fund.
The fund aims to deliver positive absolute returns which are uncorrelated to equity and bond markets.
The fund provides daily dealing and the two week launch period begins on 4 January 2010.
The fund is one of the first regulated Ucits compliant multi-manager investment products to be launched in the UK, investing in a portfolio of regulated Ucits absolute return funds and money market instruments.
Managed by Richard Sherwin, portfolio manager, the fund will launch with approximately 15 absolute return funds and will have exposure to multiple asset classes such as stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities.
Madilean Coen, partner at Blacksquare Capital, says: “The time is ripe to launch a Ucits compliant multi-manager absolute return fund, owing to a growing need to provide investors with diversification within the absolute return sector and perform due diligence on the wide range of new funds entering the market.
“Investors increasingly want exposure to regulated absolute return products that offer diversification across asset classes, provide daily liquidity and are tax efficient. We believe that the launch of the IFSL Blacksquare Multi-Manager Absolute Return Fund will complement our range of products and will be extremely attractive to intermediaries and their clients.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location