Karan Sampson joins Marcum's alternative investment group
Marcum has appointed Karan Sampson to the firm’s alternative investment group as the director of business development.
She will be working with members of the group to help them expand their practice and build their client base.
“We’re very excited to have Karan join our team,” says Beth Wiener, partner-in-charge of the alternative investment group at Marcum. “Karan’s background in sales and marketing for the investment industry combined with her in-depth knowledge of alternative investment strategies will be a tremendous asset to our group and complement our strong commitment to offer a high-level of client service.”
Sampson has worked in the alternative arena since 1993. As the managing director of her own consulting firm, KSD Consulting, Sampson designed business expansion and operational best practices solutions for hedge funds.
Prior to KSD, she headed the hedge fund relationship management focus at Greenwich Associates, an international research-based consulting firm servicing the institutional financial services market.
Earlier in her career, Sampson raised assets for hedge funds and private equity funds at The Peabody Group and Perkins Fund Marketing. Additionally, she opened and managed the New York office for Tass Management, a private international firm that created the first electronic database for hedge funds.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location