Eurex to further expand equity options offering
The international derivatives exchange Eurex will launch equity options based on 30 of the most liquid British stocks on 18 January 2010.
With this new product suite, Europe’s largest derivatives exchange will for the first time offer British pence denominated equity options with home market settlement.
The new UK equity options will be physically settled in the Crest system of Euroclear UK & Ireland.
Peter Reitz (pictured), member of the Eurex executive board, says: “This launch represents an important step in our strategy to continuously expand our product offering with new contracts. The new UK equity options extend our broad coverage of the Dow Jones Stoxx 600 index components. We provide our customers with extended cross margining opportunities as we offer trading of all the major European blue chips derivatives on one platform. UK equity options will enable our customers to better hedge their exposure to the UK equity market and will simultaneously offer new trading opportunities.”
Eurex and Eurex Clearing have been officially recognised by statutory instruments as financial intermediaries in the UK and will thus be exempted from SDR taxation (stamp duty). The customer business of all Eurex Clearing members will also automatically be exempted.
The new suite of options will have maturities of up to two years. To support order book trading, a market making scheme will be initiated to ensure on-screen liquidity. During the first eight months of trading, supporting market makers can qualify for a 50 per cent revenue sharing programme lasting for two years. Trading hours will be from 9am until 5:30pm CET.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location