Mourant appoints four Jersey-based partners
Offshore law firm Mourant du Feu & Jeune has appointed four Jersey-based partners.
James Hill became an equity partner of Mourant du Feu & Jeune earlier this year, and Felicia de Laat (pictured), Joel Hernandez and Michael Williams have been invited to become partners of Mourant LP.
The appointments are planned to take effect from 1 February 2010.
The promotions bolster the firm's funds and finance and corporate practices in Jersey.
Managing partner Jonathan Rigby says: “We are delighted to welcome Felicia, Joel, James and Michael to the partnership. Each has made a strong contribution to the success of the firm, building on our reputation for delivering high quality client service."
De Laat moved to Jersey in December 2001 when she joined Carey Olsen, working primarily in collective investment funds, corporate transactions and property finance. De Laat joined Mourant du Feu & Jeune in February 2005 and specialises in collective investment funds.
Before joining Mourant du Feu & Jeune in October 2005, Hernandez was a senior solicitor within Australia’s largest investment manager, the Commonwealth Bank Group. Hernandez is a funds specialist and acts for many of the firm's top clients including Henderson Global Investors, CB Richard Ellis, Royal Bank of Canada, Societe Generale, Deutsche Bank and ICICI Bank.
Hill joined Mourant in October 2001, having previously worked in London for a City law firm. His practice covers corporate, investment funds, capital markets, banking and general offshore structuring work.
Williams has a broad range of experience in the areas of corporate finance, banking, debt and equity capital markets (including cashboxes) and structured products. Prior to joining Mourant, he worked as a solicitor at Allen, Allen & Hemsley in Sydney and Clifford Chance in London.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location