BNP Paribas joins as a prime bank on EBS platform
BNP Paribas has joined Icap’s EBS platform as an FX prime bank.
This is the first time BNP Paribas has been active in the FX market as a prime bank.
EBS Prime extends the ability to trade in the core spot FX market to other bank and non-bank professional traders, including hedge funds, through a prime brokerage relationship.
An EBS prime bank offers customers the ability to view and trade on the prices available to the world’s leading FX banks, giving gives access to tighter prices and greater depth of liquidity. This helps customers increase their trading activity and facilitates improved revenue opportunities.
The number of customers trading through EBS Prime continues to increase as new participants, particularly algorithmic traders, join the market. The total number of active EBS Prime customers has risen to over 300 floors.
David Faulkner, global prime manager, Icap electronic broking, says: “We welcome BNP Paribas as a new EBS prime bank. The recent increase in EBS prime banks further underscores the value added by the EBS prime bank model to the market and our customers.”
Nathaniel Litwak, head of marketing for FX prime brokerage at BNP Paribas, adds: "Joining EBS as a prime bank is an important part of BNP Paribas’ strategy to build out our prime brokerage offering. Our ambition is to become a top five FX house globally and our prime brokerage business is a vital part of realising that ambition. Our current strength and potential for future growth in FX prime brokerage stems from factors including our strong balance sheet and a credit rating that makes us a particularly desirable counterparty.”
Icap’s EBS platform is an electronic trading platform for professional spot FX, metals and NDF traders.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location