Barclay BTOP FX Index components chosen for 2010
BarclayHedge has revealed the names of the 12 currency programmes that will comprise the Barclay BTOP FX Index for the year 2010.
Launched in January 2005, the BTOP FX is the first daily index of currency traders and has monitored selected trader’s returns on a daily basis for the past five years.
The 2010 Barclay BTOP FX Index Components are:
• FX Concepts – Multi-Strategy Programme
• FX Concepts – Global Currency Programme
• C-View – 3X Levered Programme
• Cambridge Strategy (Asset Management) – Extended Markets Programme
• QFS Asset Management – QFS Currency Programme
• Currency Insight – Diversified Systematic Programme
• Premium Currency Advisors – Premium Currencies Programme
• Hathersage Capital Management – Long Term Currency Programme
• IKOS CIF – G10 Currency Fund
• Rhicon Currency Management (UK) – Strategic Programme
• Quaesta Capital – vTrader FX 2XL
• Excalibur Funds Management– Excalibur Absolute Return Fund
“The BTOP FX Index seeks to replicate the overall composition of the currency sector of the managed futures industry with regard to trading style and overall market exposure,” says Sol Waksman, founder and president of BarclayHedge. “The index allows investors and currency managers to accurately compare their returns with a recognised benchmark on a daily basis.”
The BTOP FX Index was designed to be an investible subset of the more broadly based Barclay Currency Trader Index, which has data going back to 1987. There is currently no tracker fund available that attempts to replicate the performance of the BTOP FX.
The BTOP FX Index employs a top-down approach in selecting its constituents. The largest investable currency trading programmes, as measured by assets under management, are selected for inclusion in the BTOP FX Index.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports