Managed Funds Association to collect industry data
The Managed Funds Association is planning to gather information from hedge funds, funds of funds and managed futures funds for use in its industry education and advocacy efforts using PerTrac P-Card.
P-Cards are secure email attachments that can contain an array of manager-designated data such as strategy descriptions, investment terms, portfolio exposure data and investment returns.
Richard H. Baker (pictured), MFA president and chief executive, says: "As the primary source of industry information for policy makers, the media and the public, it's important that we collect and aggregate data in a confidential and timely manner from as many managers as possible. Following a lengthy search, MFA has selected PerTrac Financial Solutions as its partner in order to collect basic industry data, such as assets under management, the number of existing funds and number of industry-wide employees, while allowing managers to retain confidentiality."
MFA will share information on the industry solely on an aggregated basis in an effort to educate policy makers, the media and the public and to advocate for appropriate regulation and industry growth.
MFA will use a third-party accounting firm to collect the data on its behalf. No fund-specific information collected via PerTrac P-Card, including fund names, will be released under any circumstances.
Gerry Mintz, PerTrac president and chief executive, adds: "PerTrac P-Card is a revolutionary tool which allows fund managers to communicate information to investors confidentially and directly using a secure e-mail attachment. More than 110 funds around the world have already registered to use P-Cards to keep their investors and prospects up-to-date on qualitative, performance and risk information. We are excited that MFA has chosen PerTrac P-Card as its preferred method of fund data collection, as it will help accelerate the adoption of this exciting new technology."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location